Friday, January 25, 2013

Am I that adventurous.....

In the last week 3 friends of mine have sent me this article, A scientist has said it would be possible to clone a Neanderthal baby from ancient DNA if he could find a woman willing to act as a surrogate.  
Now, I am all for the advancement of science and technology but this is taking it bit far. They are actually searching for a willing surrogate?!?! For those of you who don't know me personally may not know that I am the adventurous type. I'm not much for sky diving but I have a wild, spontaneous and an up for anything personality which makes me think at least one of those three friends were serious when they sent the link to me. I actually considered it.... for a second. Then I remembered that a child would be the end result. A child with no parents or siblings or family except the scientist in the lab they are confined to for life. What kind of life or childhood for that matter is that? From what I've read clones don't live long anyways. As much as I am pro-science certain things shouldn't be done and this is one of them. IVF is as close to "playing G_D" as I am willing to go. Cloning a human is a whole new level of wrong and I agree with it being illegal in most countries.

I hope no one steps up to do that. Some things should not be messed with and this is one of them. Next they will be attempting to clone dead historical figures or celebrities and THAT my friends is how a zombie takeover will happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment