Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ugh... I hate insurance companies

One thing on my agenda for the last few weeks was to find out if my health insurance had a surrogacy exclusion on it. Meaning they wouldn't cover anything related to the pregnancy unless it was my own baby. Sure enough that was the case. I had been dreading calling them  because our policy was about to change at the end of 2012. We've had fairly good insurance with this same company for the last 10 years with no issues but this year the company decided to turn all their plans for my husbands company into HSA's which is a complete 180 from what we had previously. Even if my insurance company did cover it they would still have had to pay my LARGE deductible before the insurance would start paying anything.

The only silver lining here is that since I'm planning an out of hospital birth with a midwife the out of pocket costs are the same as my deductible. Now the labs and ultrasounds are a different story.

With that behind me I figured the next step was to hit the sale racks at Target for maternity clothes, seems rational right? At best I'll be implanting in 6 months, I see no reason to to get a few good deals now.

No comments:

Post a Comment