Sunday, February 9, 2014

my son is getting attached.....

Sammy, 5 y/o, is in love with my belly. He talks to the baby, loves my belly, kisses the baby goodnight and I can't leave the house or drop him off at school with out him having to rub my belly and say goodbye. It's very sweet but we're trying to make sure he doesn't get attached. He said last week "mommy, when you're done making this baby for miss X (that's what we'll call the mom on here for privacy reasons), will you make a baby for me?" CRAP! He wants a sibling now. He is fully aware that is not our baby and he's going home with his parents just after delivery and not with us. Just to be sure now that he seems to be getting overly attached I ask him who's baby is it and he always respond with " it's miss and Mr X's baby". A few weeks ago I took them to a party where Sammy walked me around patting my belly telling everyone "this is miss X's baby".

Now to the sibling issue. We are done having kids. Nik has been threatening a vasectomy for about a year now. I am still holding out hope for an accidental 3rd in a few years but right now I'm focused on my family, finishing my up my degree and getting my masters so the idea of having another baby and resetting that clock sounds daunting and not something I want to do again unless I find myself randomly knocked up. Explaining no more babies for OUR family didn't go over so well with Sammy but he's coming around.

Here is Sammy last week showing the baby a 4 he made out of Legos for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment