Wednesday, July 31, 2013

starting the pill on Sunday

I go in on August 12th (first day of school for Benji) for my final IVF apt. to get my protocol before we start meds. My cycle starts this Friday (Aug 2nd) so I will have to wait until September to start on any medication, or so I though. I received a call from our agent Lauren about the dates and meds. She suggested I call and talk to the Dr.'s nurse and ask if they can start me on birth control now or when my cycle starts on Friday instead of waiting another 30 days. What a great idea, why didn't I think of that!?!?
Birth control was called into my pharmacy right away and I should be starting them on August 4th or 5th as opposed to September 4th or  5th. doesn't seem like a huge deal but thats 4 weeks sooner we can go the IVF procedure and assuming if the embryo takes it puts me at an earlier "due date".
I did get word that out of the 8 viable embryos only 3 survived the freezing process. Lets hope it takes on the first try.

1 comment:

  1. Crossing my fingers for you! I love reading your updates on this amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete