Saturday, July 6, 2013

whats the hold up!?!?!?

Its amazing how much bureaucracy goes into these things. We had an easier time with the legal stuff than we are having with the IVF clinic. I have to go back in for a 2nd round of blood work because they forgot to tell me about 3 other things they need and now they need Nik (my husband) to get a bunch of blood work too. Mine came back 100% perfect so I'm surprised they need my husbands too. Luckily I have a midwife friend that lives close by who I've been bribing with bottles of wine to do our blood work for free and to pass down her lab discount to my IP's. Surrogacy is an expensive process so every penny counts.

On top of the blood work the IVF clinic won't allow us to start until they have the contract from our attorneys on file but not the actual contract, a summary that the attorney has to write up separately since they are not allowed to see the contract but they only asked for that this week when the IPs went up to start the egg retrieval process.When the IPs went in last week to the IVF clinic the said I should have been on meds weeks ago with the time line we had aimed for yet they still won't even see me until they have the rest of the stuff listed above even though they have all the important blood work results from the lab already.
 ugh..... so much red tape!

On a better note I've started hording maternity clothes. I only have a few things left over that were worth keeping from my own pregnancies and luckily I do get a budget for maternity clothes but I'm starting basically from scratch. I've had some friends give me some hands me downs and I've lucked out with target and Khols so far but all of me grows when I'm pregnant so from bras to shoes I have some more shopping to do. No complaints here!

No comments:

Post a Comment