Thursday, October 24, 2013

Without further adieu...

After 6 days of taking home pregnancy tests and 2 rounds of blood work over this last week I can officially announce that,
I'm pregnant!!!

Even though we implanted 2 weeks ago today, I am 4 weeks pregnant.
Home pregnancy tests started on day 5 because I was told it may show up that early but apparently that is only if it was multiples. Day 10 I definitely saw a faint blue line. The little blue lines became
more prominent as the days went on.

I happen to be hosting a blessingway at my house just a few hours after I got my first positive pregnancy test. I didn't want to steal the mama's thunder so I kept the news to myself but I did tell a few close friends before and those who stayed later to help me clean up. I even had a glass of "wine" I sipped on to throw people off (for the record, it was juice and club soda only). That day was made so much more special for me because I got to share it with my close friends who have been so supportive and wonderful while I've been on this journey. I look forward to having some of them at my birth to support and help me through labor and postpartum.

Mid November we go in for our first ultrasound. My IPs are driving up from South FL. to be at the apt. with me and they are beyond thrilled.


day 10 home test

day 14 home test







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so proud of you and am happy that I could be of help to you (in a small way) on this journey. -- Karen Persis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. I will definitely be using you for the next one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The IP's must be thanking their lucky stars that they chose 'you' to birth their child. You are such a positive, shining star.....

    ReplyDelete